This is a decent topo map for elevation change and basic geography. The landscape was formed from volcanic activity from the Pacific Rim, and a lot of the mountains are volcanic glass. We will be living in the Eastern Highlands Province, elevation 5,000 feet.
This is the typical eastern highlands scene. Grass and tree covered mountains and valleys as far as the eye can see. Up here, the weather is nice all the time, unless it's raining! On a side note, tropical seasons are as follows: Wet and Dry. Here's some more mountain scenes...
Dawn. It happens everywhere, and usually in the morning.
Amazing what a filtered lens from 30,000 feet can do huh?
This one has a rain shower moving accross the valley flooor. This is one of my favorite memories of PNG weather, watching the storms approach.
An endless valley near Mt. Hagen.
How about some of the coastline? There are so many WWII era wrecks, endless coral reefs, underwater caves, and other structures, that PNG is becoming a divers paradise. I am hoping that I'll get to test my fishing rod against some of the species in both fresh and salt water! (Maybe I'll do a bit on the fishy population at some point!) So here's to salt, sun and sand in the tropics!





You know what you won't find when you come to PNG? Crowds in any of these places.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about you, but I'm ready to quit my day job =0) j/k
ReplyDelete