I just got back from my first multi-stop PD trip. It was an experience, but not one that I would like to do again without my family!
First stop was North Beach, MD. My friends Joe and Christina Garner set up a meeting for me with their church's Missions Director. Joe, Jim and I had breakfast together and a lengthy conversation about a multitude of topics! It was a great conversation, and Jim's perceptiveness and wisdom about all things ministry related was very helpful in directing my thinking and priorities! It was certainly not the conversation I expected, but it was the one I needed to hear! In spite of my expectations, God directs my steps.
Next I went to my grandparents church to speak at their Sunday night service. This was appropriate because 25 years ago or so, my parents were in front of this very congregation telling them about The Organization and the work of Bible translation. I received a warm welcome, even though it was snowing outside! Technical difficulties abounded with my PowerPoint and video, but I got through it nonetheless! I was taken aback by the number of missionaries this church supports in spite of its small size: OVER 30!
I appreciate your prayers and we ask that you continue to lift us up. This is hard on our family, and we haven't even left yet!
Caleb
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment